Sunday, June 15, 2008

Final Report Before Takeoff?

Well, that just about does it. I'm finished packing, and everything miraculously fit into my little carry-on suitcase. In fact, I have room to spare! Still, I'm packing a small bag with a zipper in case I buy too much in Europe and need to check a bag upon my return.

I'll go over my checklist on this blog so I have in writing what I've done and still need to do before leaving on Tuesday. I've called my credit card company and bank; paid all bills that will be due while I'm gone; held my mail through the postal service; suspended delivery of the L.A. Times; made copies of my passport and relevant documents; and cleaned my condo. I still need to trash anything that might spoil in my refrigerator, but that's about it!

My biggest concern right now is getting from point A to B in all of the cities to which we're traveling. The two most confusing transfers happen when Megan and I are apart simply due to our airline situation -- Rome airport to the Marriott and Edinburgh airport to the University. Train travel is pretty easy in Europe from what I remember, so I guess we'll just go with the flow.

Not sure if I'm going to update this blog again before we leave, but look for posts from Italy! Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where are all the plastic bags?